Infographic about shared decision making
Patient decision aids (PDAs) in rheumatology
- Tapering in Rheumatoid Arthritis PDA (Canadian Rheumatology Association (CRA))
- Methotrexate for RA PDA (Arthritis Research Canada)
- Biologics for RA PDA (Arthritis Research Canada)
- Biologics for RA PDA (Mayo Clinic)
- Covid-19 PDA (CRA)
- Osteoporosis PDAs (Mayo Clinic)
- Cochrane rheumatology PDAs (for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis) (Cochrane)
- Other PDAs (Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (OHRI))
Instruments to assess the impact of SDM
- Sure of myself – Do you feel SURE about the best choice for you?
- Understand information – Do you know the benefits and risks of each option?
- Risk-benefit ratio – Are you clear about which benefits and risks matter most to you?
- Encouragement – Do you have enough support and advice to make a choice?
(A response of yes scores 1 and a response of no scores 0; a score lower than 4 is a positive result for decisional conflict)
Resources on SDM and tools
- OHRI website on PDAs, decision coaching, conceptual models, evaluation measures and implementation toolkit
- OMERACT SDM group
- Mayo Care that fits website
- Cochrane review of PDAs
- Cochrane review of decision coaching
- Twelve myths about shared decision making